Saturday, July 16, 2011

In Sickness and in Wealth

If you’ve been following this blog, you know I like to post my market updates shortly after each day’s close--and you might also have noticed that Friday conspicuously had no such update.  When you work for yourself, there is no point in making excuses--lying to the boss is lying to yourself.  But there is also no point in not analyzing yourself--to be able to trade well is to know yourself--or taking learning opportunities wherever they present themselves. My own crashing yesterday after a long week is one such opportunity.

To succeed in this business you need to know your limits, and you need to take care of your health, both physically, mentally and emotionally. On top of my regular trading, I have added the task of creating this blog that I hope will be worthwhile to readers. That coupled with some personal issues and too many nights of fast food, and I ended the week with a whimper, not a bang. I need to learn that there is a limit to how far I can push myself.

I am doing what I need to recover this weekend.  But the main thing I, and any trader, can do, is to remember that our minds are our machines, our bodies are our workforce, and if we don’t treat them well, we can’t expect to stay in this business for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment