Monday, August 8, 2011

The flush continues

Today the S&P 500 fell another 6.66%. Technical support levels are giving only minor intraday pauses instead of the normal multi-day bounces we normally see. For the time being, fear is leading the market.

As long as this continues, I will only be trading intraday. Even though I believe that most stocks will have have huge rebounds when the market turns, right now it's simply too risky to hold significant positions overnight. The only position I continue to hold is a small short hedge on the SPY I took out against long swing positions I've since been stopped out of.

Until the market normalizes, I will not be posting any swing trade setups. When the market bounces, all stocks will bounce. But be careful and do not try to catch falling knives under these conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment